The LG G2 mini was first revealed to the world at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, sometime at the tail end of February, where this particular device came with a decent design as well as premium UX features which can be found on its higher end sibling, which is the LG G2. Needless to say, the “mini” part of the LG G2 mini would signal all of the goodness of the then flagship device crammed into a smaller form factor.
Let us take a walk down memory lane to refresh our memories – the LG G2 mini would sport a 4.7” IPS display alongside a 2,440mAh removable battery, a quad-core CPU, Android 4.4 KitKat, LTE and 3G models, a quad-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G) processor, a 1.7GHz Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE version) chipset, 8GB of internal memory, 1GB RAM, an SD memory card slot, an 8MP shooter at the back, and a front-facing 1.3MP camera.
Above all that would be the fabled LG Knock Code that allows users to power on and unlock their LG smartphones using a personalized “knock” pattern right on the phone’s display itself, which makes it a whole lot easier to use compared to relying on an unlock pattern or PIN.
The LG G2 mini is tipped to arrive in Single/Dual SIM and four vibrant color options too, including Titan Black, Lunar White, Red and Gold, depending on the region. Expect the initial rollout to kick of this April in CIS countries, where other markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa will follow afterwards. [Press Release]
Next Story: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Mini Carries Model Number LS885
- 2013-12-09: LG G2 Mini Rumored