We have been hearing quite a number of rumors lately regarding the Sony A77’s successor, which at the moment is currently tipped to be the A77II. According to earlier rumors, apparently the camera is due for an announcement in May and now according to Sony Alpha Rumors, they are “confirming” that this is true.
Apparently they have been tipped off by one of their highly trusted sources who revealed to them that the announcement will be made in May. In fact the announcement will actually be taking place at the World Photography Awards that will be held in London during the 1st to 18th of May.
We’re not sure when during the awards will Sony be making the announcement, but if we had to guess, it could be on the first day itself. It is an odd platform to choose since back in February there was CP+, but perhaps the camera was not ready then for an announcement which is why Sony chose to announce it at a later date instead.
No word on the specifications of the Sony A77II yet, but apparently the camera will be focusing on speed and will apparently come with an autofocus system which is said to rival and potentially beat the Sony A6000, which based on Sony’s claims and tests, is pretty damn fast as it is! Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us during May to see if there are any additional details to be had.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide