Microsoft’s deal with Nokia is expected to be closed later this month. Once that happens, Microsoft would have successfully acquired Nokia and we can’t wait to see what Microsoft has planned for the Finnish company and the Windows Phone platform down the road. In the meantime it looks like Microsoft has a handful of new products in the works, thanks to the folks at Windows Phone Central who managed to obtain some codenames.
According to them, Microsoft has about five devices that they know of right now. Three of which are expected to be launched in June, and two more in July. Those pegged for a June 5th release includes the Microsoft Hughes, Adcock, and Capers. The ones pegged for the 22nd of July is the Microsoft Galway and the Microsoft Dublin.
Unfortunately these codenames don’t really tell us much about the products as they’re not particular descriptive, but then again that’s pretty much the idea of codenames, right? Anyway Windows Phone Central has suggested that some of them are accessories, but apart from that, we’re not sure what the rest could be.
Could it be a Microsoft-branded Windows Phone device? Could one of them be the Microsoft Surface mini that we’ve been hearing so much about? Considering that the Surface mini is rumored for a June launch, would it be a stretch of the imagination to think maybe one of the devices mentioned above is the rumored device? In any case this is purely speculation but take it with a grain of salt and check back with us later for the details.
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Product Codenames Leaked For June-July Release
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-13: IRS Reportedly Paying Microsoft Millions For Extended Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year