Some of you reading this and are rocking to one of those Nokia mobile phones (be it a smartphone which jives on the Windows Phone platform or one of those feature phones under the Asha range), I am quite sure that you are more than familiar with the Nokia ringtone. In fact, it has become so common, that did you know the Nokia ringtone has already turned 20? Yes, the iconic tune has now turned two decades old, which would mean it is in existence for far longer than some of you young ‘uns out there.
I don’t suppose it would be too far out of whack to classify the Nokia ringtone as one of the most recognized sounds that has been played worldwide, and in order to celebrate this particular milestone, Nokia has presented an a cappella version of the song, and they entire vocal group certainly did the song justice that is for sure.
A little bit of trivia here – it was all the way back in 1994 when the Nokia ringtone made its debut on the Nokia 2110, and since then, this particular tune was a staple on just about every single Nokia device, even until today. Needless to say, there is a fair number of versions of the Nokia ringtone over the years as technology moved forward, but the basic melody had always remained the same. Here is to the next 20 years! [Press Release]
Next Story: Analyst: Apple iWatch To Get UV Exposure Sensors
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update