Time Warner Cable and Fan TV announced today that the Fan TV set-top box is going to feature Rhapsody as the exclusive music streaming service at launch. For those who don’t know, Fan TV is a new set-top box that is capable of streaming live TV, has a variety of applications as well as a touch remote. It offers Time Warner Cable subscribers with ability to access on-demand streaming services such as Redbox Instant by Verizon, Target Ticket, Crackle and now, Rhapsody.
The on-demand music streaming service, Rhapsody, has taken advantage of Fan TV’s native SDK or software development kit to create the “most immersive experience” for Fan TV users. The user interface is sleek and simple and allows users to scroll through it to search for music, genres, new releases, featured playlists and to access their own listening history.
Fan TV customers who already subscribe to Rhapsody will be immediately access the service and its global catalog of 32 million songs from the set-top box. Those who don’t already have a subscription can sign up with Rhapsody to receive a free one month trial.
Fan TV set-top box is now available for pre-order. Customers would need to be Time Warner Cable subscribers. Pre-order pricing is $99 whereas the regular price will be $149 after Fan TV starts shipping this June.
Next Story: WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2013-12-10: Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- 2013-12-09: Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- 2013-10-31: Time Warner Cable Boosting Internet Data Speeds In Select Markets
- 2013-08-27: Xbox 360 Receives TWC TV App With Access To 300 Live Channels
- 2013-07-03: Apple, Time Warner Cable Nearing Deal To Bring Service To Apple TV