You can definitely use iTunes on Mac or Windows to sync your music files. But, what if you don’t like iTunes, or don’t want to install it? We have four interesting ways to help you add music to your iPhone (or iPad) without using iTunes.
1. WiFi File Transfer Using Documents App
Documents, is an impressive app which helps you manage the files on your iPhone and facilitates Wi-Fi file transfer through its Wi-Fi drive feature. You can utilize this feature to transfer your MP3 files to iPhone. Here’s how:
Steps To Transfer MP3 Files To iPhone Using Documents App
- Ensure that you have downloaded “Documents” app from the app store. Launch the app.
- Head to the menu by clicking the leftmost corner icon as described in the image above.
- From the menu, click the Gear icon to head to the Settings.
- Now, click on Wi-Fi drive, and then enable it as shown in the image below.
- Make sure that your computer and the iPhone are connected to the same network. Now, type in the URL that has been mentioned at the bottom of the Wi-Fi drive window on your iPhone (observe the 2nd screenshot of the image above) to connect your desktop to your device. In this case, you can observe the URL to be http://ankushs-iPhone.local
Now, you will be prompted to allow access on your iPhone. Click OK to accept as shown in the image above.
- After you are connected with the iPhone, you can browse any kind of files (including MP3s) and transfer it to your iPhone. And, with the help of Documents app, you can play them as well.
2. Using A Cloud Storage App
It is an easy way around to add music on iPhone without iTunes when you have got MP3 files to transfer. Although, you require using a computer for it (to access the cloud storage service).
You can pick any of the cloud storage services for the work but ensure that it does have an iOS app associated. For instance, you chose – Google Drive. Here’s what you need to do next:
Steps To Add Music On iPhone Using Cloud Storage Services
- Log in to the cloud storage service through the desktop browser or by utilizing the desktop sync client.
- If you are logged in through the browser, you simply need to upload the desired MP3 files to any of the target folders.
If you are utilizing a desktop client (with Dropbox), you need to copy all of your required MP3 files to the synced folder.
- Now, install the cloud storage service’s app on your iPhone (here – Google Drive) and open it.
- Search for the required MP3 file.
- When you got the file listed on your iPhone, you need to click on the options (three dot icon) for that file as shown in the image above. Now, you will see something similar to the image below. In case you encounter only some of the options, you need to scroll up in order to see the rest.
- Finally, you need to click on “Available Offline“. You will get notified when the MP3 file is available for offline as shown in the image below.
- Now, you can play that music whenever you want without requiring an active Internet connection. Similarly, you can transfer a whole lot of MP3 files to your iPhone using a cloud storage service.
3. Utilizing Music Streaming Apps
If you do not want to use cloud storage service or transfer files via Wi-Fi, then you should probably install any of the music streaming services in order to easily make your favorite music available on your iPhone.
We do recommend installing any of the best music apps for iPhone available.
4. Using An Alternative to iTunes
If you hate iTunes (or if it does not work), you can try an alternative to iTunes that works as expected – AnyTrans.
Steps To Add Music On iPhone Using AnyTrans
- Connect your device to your computer using USB cable. After successfully connecting your iPhone, allow the device to trust the computer.
- Now, launch AnyTrans. You can observe “Audio” listed at the homepage of AnyTrans. Simply, click on it and then select “Music“.
- Finally, you can start importing music from your computer by clicking on the Add button as shown in the image below.
So, now you know four of the easiest ways to add music on your iPhone. Which one would you prefer to choose?
Did we miss any of your favorite methods? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.