CEATEC News Stream ▼

ceatec 2013 banner 640

The CEATEC name stands for Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies and is Japan’s largest consumer electronics show. It is regarded by most observers as Japan’s equivalent of the US-based Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Official CEATEC site and mobile application

The show is a platform for Japanese electronics manufacturer to show their latest products and technologies. Besides the show floor, there are numerous presentations and seminars held during the fair. In 2013, CEATEC is held in Tokyo’s Makuhari-Messe convention center from Oct 1 to Oct 1.

Ubergizmo is media partner of CEATEC and Ubergizmo’s co-founder Hubert Nguyen is one of the “CEATEC Innovation Awards” judges in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.


Kyocera Floating Solar Farm Sounds Like A Brilliant Alternative

10/09/2014, [CEATEC 2014] With close to 70% of the world’s surface being water, leaving around 30% of land for nearly 7 billion people to live on, it is starting to look like a very viable idea when it comes to working on a solar farm project – that is set up...

Murata Baby Life Log Tool Assists Parents In Their Tasks

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] Parenting is not an easy task, and I certainly take my hat off to the older generation of parents who had to juggle not only a family and work life, but they had five, six, or even more than seven children running around the home, being of...

Fujitsu Image Sensor Recognizes Patient Status Via Image Sensor

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] There is nothing quite like having technology do its bit for society and the world at large. Fujitsu has had its fair share of innovations over at this year’s edition of CEATEC, and one of the technologies developed could prove to be...

Mitsubishi Satellites Set To Make Life Better…For Everyone

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] Sending a satellite into space is definitely a huge achievement for any nation, and Japan is an old hand at this particular endeavor. In fact, thanks to the likes of Mitsubishi Electric who have come up with their fair share of satellites,...

Pigment-Based Solar Cells Makes Renewable Energy More Chic

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] While the use of solar panels does benefit the environment in a variety of ways, it is worth noting that there is always a better way of getting things done. In this particular case, the engineers over at Aikin Seiki (the very same people...

CEATEC 2014 Innovation Awards Winners’ List

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] Never mind typhoon Phanfone which thankfully passed over Tokyo a day before CEATEC 2014 kicked off officially for the masses, although some of us judges had train troubles getting to the cavernous Makuhari Messe. Still, come hell or high...

ROHM Shows Off USB Power Delivery System

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] What kind of devices can your USB port power? Sure, some of them will be able to handle the likes of a tablet, while most of them ought to be able to juice up a smartphone without any issue at all. Well, ROHM intends to change the landscape...

Technics Reference System R1 Series Delivers Booming Audio

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] Bigger isn’t necessarily better, but this does not mean that the re-invigoration of the Technics brand is less than welcome, especially when they have put forward their best foot in the form of the R1 Reference System. What makes it all...

Sharp IR Color Night Vision Camera

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] When we talk about night vision, most of the time it will involve something that is just black and white, but where Sharp is concerned at this year’s CEATEC, they have certainly outdone themselves with the introduction of their new Sharp...

DoCoMo Arrows Tab F-03G Spotted At CEATEC 2014

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] I do wonder whether there is a reason for Japanese companies to come up with really complex naming conventions for their products, perhaps it is to reflect the kind of complex technologies that lie within? The DoCoMo Arrows Tab F-03G looks...

Fujitsu Vehicle ICT Intends To Make Driving Safer

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] They say never to reinvent the wheel, which is a good idea since I would not like to drive around on square-shaped wheels for sure. Having said that, what other aspects of a car could change to make our lives easier and safer while we are on...

Denso X-Mobility – Worth Delivering Beer To You

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] So, the rest of the household is not really that keen on you barking orders to the rest of the family members to bring you a cold one from time to time, as you would only do so for yourself whenever there is a break in the game. Perhaps it...

Denso Den-Oute Kun Robot Arm Handles Shogi Matches With Aplomb

10/08/2014, [CEATEC 2014] We have seen our fair share of robots over here at CEATEC this year, and while some of them are more meant for promotional purposes than being practical, others, like the Den-Oute Kun from Denso, happens to have a decent reason for existing....