Nokia has been toying with some concept ideas, coming up with the Eco Sensor Concept that comes in two parts – the handset itself as well as a wearable strap. The reason for the strap would be to monitor the owner’s vital statistics in addition to local weather conditions. There is no need for any batteries with the wearable strap since it will hold solar cells that relies upon the power of the sun for juice instead. As for the phone itself, it will not be bigger than a relatively chunky timepiece, and will be manufactured from plant-based plastics and 100% recycled steel. The second part is the wearable strap (right – in more typical dimensions) made from solar cells which not only power the device but also monitor local weather conditions and the owner’s vitals.
Next Story: Avox NF-101 is way too small
- 2014-04-14 Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09 Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08 Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02 Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17 Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth