Talk about one-of-a-kind – that’s exactly what the Mechanical Memory Key is, where it took around a dozen hours to complete by UK artist Rob Smith. The case itself is made out of wood, while within the enclosed space are parts from six other pocket watches of yore.
The key is made out of purple heart & has approximately 26 Ruby’s which look great when the key catches the light, & when the Keys plugged into a USB, it glows green from underneath the gears giving the key a good sense of movement.
Strangely enough, being so unique didn’t really drive up the price as it is currently going for $165 a pop.
Next Story: Photos of the iPhone Gen 3?
- 2014-03-27: DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26: Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: Toro-bots Help Out In Your Garden Reorganization Effort
- 2014-01-19: Novena Open Laptop Prototype
- 2012-08-15: Steampunk Lightsaber Flashlight
- 2012-01-04: Sony Vaio F series laptop gets the steampunk treatment
- 2011-08-08: Steampunk Samus Aran arm cannon known as Glove-O-Love