Unfortunately, Sonic Solutions’ streaming movie service known as CinemaNow will only be made available for the Nintendo Wii in Japan, which means other territories around the world will still need to stick to purchasing their favorite shows in DVD or Blu-ray format or rely on other movie streaming service via the Wii. Guess the Wii isn’t just for kiddy games with cheap waggly controls, but could potentially challenge the Xbox 360 and PS3′s space in the living room even more with this new additional service that allows you to choose from more than 1,500 titles. How well do you think Nintendo will fare with this new service that has already been established on the Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms?
Next Story: LG Wireless LCD HDTVs
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-25: US The Last Bastion For The Nintendo Wii As Europe Folds
- 2013-10-23: Nintendo Wii Discontinuation In Japan Won't Affect Console's Availability In U.S.
- 2013-10-20: Nintendo Wii Discontinued In Japan
- 2013-10-01: Nintendo Wii Production In Japan To Cease Soon
- 2013-04-25: Nintendo Wii U Miiverse Now Accessible On PC, Smartphones
- 2013-04-25: Nintendo Won't Hold An E3 2013 Press Conference To Focus On Smaller, Direct Events