Apple and Palm have been playing a rather intriguing game of cat and mouse with iTunes and the Pre. The latest update indicates Apple has got a slight edge over Palm, especially since Palm was served a letter from the USB Implementers Forum, a group that oversees the standards for USB connections. It has decided that Palm is in violation of the group’s membership agreement because Palm was misrepresenting the Pre as an iPod in order to access iTunes. This news will probably come as a disappointment to the many Pre users who use iTunes, but we’re fairly sure some savvy person will find a proper workaround to this issue sooner rather than later. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed!
Next Story: Garmin Nuvifone To Cost $300?
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-05-28: Palm Pre Syncs With iTunes Like An iPhone
- 2009-10-04: Palm Pre Syncs With iTunes Again
- 2009-10-31: iTunes Locks Palm Pre Out (Again)