Check out this conceptual KOAX X-240 helicopter from Swiss designers. Coming in the all-white shade, it looks super sleek regardless of your viewing angle. You won’t be able to go out for a joyride on this since it will be an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Boasting a co-axial rotor system, it will be able to retain most of an actual helicopter’s capabilities without sacrificing on its small size. The fuselage itself was specially designed for easy handling, coming in a small form factor that lets you fit it into the majority of larger automotive trunks. Made out of carbon composite, there are multiple openings available for easy maintenance and exchange of its modular mechanical and electrical components. It has a maximum take-off weight of 45kg, and we wonder whether it can carry a payload during war times. Perhaps a digital camera or video recorder would be much more suitable for recon purposes.
Next Story: Gira lamp aims to help conserve energy
- 2014-03-03 RC Helicopters Allegedly Help Lady ‘Fly’
- 2013-05-23 New JSDF Helicopter Could Be Actual Transformer (Concept Art)
- 2013-04-08 First Texting While Flying Case Linked To Deadly Commercial Crash
- 2013-02-12 MeCam Quadcopter : The People's Drone
- 2012-11-20 Hirobo One-Man Helicopter Is Battery Powered