It looks like the change from resistive touchscreen to capacitive touchscreens had resulted in Nokia using Corning’s Gorilla Glass, which is advertised as being tougher to break than regular glass as well as being more scratch resistant. Niilo Alfthan tweeted during Nokia’s question and answer session on Twitter about Nokia Design that all phones with glass displays are made from Gorilla Glass. Nokia had transitioned to glass displays starting with the Nokia X6, which is the first Nokia capacitive touchscreen phone. The Nokia 5800 series phone before that employed a resistive touchscreen layer and did not use glass.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns