Disney has filed for a patent for cakes that would utilize pico projectors to create a highly individualized and personalized treat. The projectors would be used in a way to project an image to create a story or interactive experience on the surface of the cake. The image can sense when the cake is sliced, and switch to a different video effect. There’s no telling when the novelty cakes will be released by Disney, but with all the technology involved, and licensing fees for use of characters and videos on the cake, it can’t be cheap but the cake at least is dynamic and hopefully you can re-use the pico projector fore re-playing the pre-stored videos onto your child’s walls.
Next Story: Free Gmail Calls Extended Through 2011
- 2014-04-01: Nintendo 3DS XL Gets Disney Magical World Edition
- 2014-03-03: Disney And Dish Arrive At A TV Distribution Deal
- 2014-02-25: Disney Movies Anywhere iOS App Offers Easy Access To All Movies
- 2013-12-24: Twitter Co-Founder Jack Dorsey Joins Walt Disney's Board
- 2013-12-05: Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- 2012-10-05: Disney wants to bring augmented reality to cakes according to patent
- 2011-11-03: NVIDIA Patents Tiny Computer
- 2011-09-15: Apple patent suggests use of RFID chip as a "black box"