This article was filed in and was tagged with Apple Inc, itunes and Sony.
A Sony exec has revealed that the company will not be withdrawing Sony Music songs from Apple’s iTunes catalogue in response to Apple’s decision to block the Sony e-reader app from the App Store. Nice to see Sony playing the part of the bigger man so to speak, although some would easily say that one is paranoid enough to think up of such a scenario. Regardless, at least it goes to show that the industry giant is big enough to overcome something like the e-reader app blockage, so read all about the Sony exec’s statement here.
Sony Music as I understand it has no intention of withdrawing from iTunes, they’re one of our biggest partners in the digital domain. I think those words were either taken out of context or the person who spoke them was unclear on the circumstances.
Next Story: Tablet from China sports two headphone jacks
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2013-02-06: iTunes Store Sells 25 Billion Songs And Counting
- 2012-12-18: Google Music Now Has Scan And Match Feature In U.S. For Free
- 2012-09-12: iTunes get a redesign
- 2011-02-01: Apple explains why Sony Reader was rejected
- 2011-02-01: Apple rejects Sony Reader Store app