A Sony exec has revealed that the company will not be withdrawing Sony Music songs from Apple’s iTunes catalogue in response to Apple’s decision to block the Sony e-reader app from the App Store. Nice to see Sony playing the part of the bigger man so to speak, although some would easily say that one is paranoid enough to think up of such a scenario. Regardless, at least it goes to show that the industry giant is big enough to overcome something like the e-reader app blockage, so read all about the Sony exec’s statement here.
RELATEDSony Music as I understand it has no intention of withdrawing from iTunes, they’re one of our biggest partners in the digital domain. I think those words were either taken out of context or the person who spoke them was unclear on the circumstances.
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Jony Ive Creates Solid Gold EarPods For Charity Auction
- Follow: Apple Inc, itunes, Sony,