It looks like HTC has gotten into some hot soup with their upcoming “Facebook phone”. The HTC ChaCha was recently sued by ChaCha Search Inc, a search engine, for infringement of the ChaCha trademark. Whilst the case still remains unsettled, the ChaCha name has gotten HTC into trouble again. According to reports online, the HTC ChaCha will be renamed to ChaChaCha in Spain because the use of the word “chacha” is disrespectful in the country. Clearly somebody didn’t do enough market research before deciding to use the name ChaCha for the phone. HTC should just rename the phone so they won’t have to deal with another ChaCha-related issue again.
Next Story: iPad 2 photos leaked?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2011-06-20 HTC ChaCha spotted with AT&T logo
- 2011-05-09 HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa up for pre-order in the UK
- 2011-01-26 Facebook phones to be built by HTC?