A few days ago, Netflix’s video streaming went down for a few hours, and while it wasn’t explained what caused the problem (technical issues was the vague response), the service was up and running again at night. However it seems that Netflix feels bad about the issue and sent out email apologies as well as a 3% credit towards users’ next billing statement for the Watch Instantly Unlimited plan. We’re not sure if everybody received the letter of apology, but you can always call up Netflix (1-866-923-0898) to complain if the service interruption affected you. Hit the break to read the full email they’ve been sending out:
Recently you may have had trouble instantly watching TV episodes or movies due to technical issues.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you attempted and were unable to instantly watch TV episodes or movies yesterday, click on this account specific link in the next 7 days to apply your 3% credit to your next billing statement for your Watch Instantly Unlimited plan. Credit can only be applied once.
Ready to start watching again? Check out our latest selection.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-866-923-0898.
–The Netflix Team
- Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Follow: apology, downtime, internet, Netflix, service, streaming, tv, video,
- Seen at: crunchgear