Philips has just unveiled a new range of TV screens targeted at gamers. These displays come with a function called Dual View Gaming and basically allow users to play multiplayer games without having to use a split screen. This will prevent cheating and give players more viewing estate on the TV screen when they’re playing video games, especially in first person shooters and driving simulators. Very similar to what Sony revealed last month, it will revolutionize how people game in their living rooms in the future. However, it wasn’t mentioned if Philips will be using the same technology as Sony for their TV screens but they do seem to work similarly, with players making use of special glasses to separate what they will be looking at. This technology seems to be catching on, but ultimately it’ll be up to the consumers to decide if they want to invest in such TV screens. What do you think about dual-view TV screens?
- Microsoft Adds Jinni Engine To Improve Xbox Video Recommendations
- Pixelate Interactive Dining Table Lets You Game While You Eat
- Ubisoft's Rabbids Starring In Nickelodeon Show Starting August 3
- Dragon Quest Slime Salt And Pepper Shakers Available On July 26
- Netflix Launches Content Suggestion Engine Called Max Onto PS3