The HTC Flyer that was announced at the Mobile World Congress earlier this year has been one of the more interesting Android tablets that will be arriving this year. The fact that it doesn’t run Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) – the version of Android that’s been optimized for tablets, and that it doesn’t sport a dual-core processor has been some of the most talked about points about the device. The other points being HTC Scribe which brings stylus functionality to the tablet and the OnLive cloud gaming service that takes tablet gaming to a whole new level.
While we still don’t have a confirmed date to when we’ll see this device in stores, we do know that it’ll be a Best Buy exclusive and will be in stores this spring. However, it looks like we’re getting closer to a release date because Best Buy has announced that pre-orders for the HTC Flyer will begin this Sunday, April 24. The WiFi-only tablet will cost $499 – the sweet spot for tablet prices these days, but its 7″ screen might push customers towards getting a larger 9.7″ iPad 2 for the same price instead. How many of you will be pre-ordering the tablet this Sunday? Or will you be waiting for Sprint’s 4G version that’s rumored to ship with Honeycomb instead?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2011-09-30 Best Buy to slash HTC Flyer price tag
- 2011-03-31 HTC Flyer shown off in a 6 minute video
- 2011-03-18 HTC EVO 3D and EVO View 4G specs leaked
- 2011-03-17 HTC Flyer up for pre-order in the UK
- 2011-02-24 HTC Flyer promo video released