This is what I’m talking about. This is the type of game that Nintendo should have properly launched the Nintendo 3DS with. I said in my 3DS review that the handheld had a weak lineup of games and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D proves that the 3DS can produce great looking games.
Take a look at the screenshot on the left. The top photo is of the original game on the Nintendo 64. The bottom is a screenshot of the game on the 3DS. The textures and detail in the new 3D version will definitely justify a repurchase of this classic Zelda game even though I’ve played it like a million times already.
But wait, there’s more. If a simple graphic overhaul isn’t enough to get you salivating, the Ocarina of Time 3D includes two new features: a Boss Challenge and a Super-Guide mode for gamers who get stuck easily and have to resort to GameFAQs. Boss Challenge will be like Street Fighter‘s Survival mode, where gamers battle previously defeated bosses one after another. The Super-Guide is well, a helper.
For more screenshots comparisons between the N64 and 3DS version of Ocarina of Time 3D, click on over to TinyCartridge. It’s worth it, I promise.
Next Story: Dell Alienware M18x officially announced
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-20: Future Zelda Games Might Not Necessarily Be At 60fps
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties
- 2011-11-21: Nintendo announces 3DS bundles for Thanksgiving