Do you have a highly desirable car that people are always asking to borrow off you? Wish you could somehow turn that into a business? Well, the folks over at Getaround seem to think you can. They’ve just announced the launch of the Getaround CarKit – an all-in-one device for enabling car owners to safely and easily share their cars (and potentially make money while doing so).
Unlike services that make users surrender their cars to them, Getaround lets the car owners be in total control of the cars they rent out. The Getaround CarKit is a device that combines GPS, WiFi and keyless remote technology to allow safe and simple sharing of cars. The first device of its kind to be designed for the very purpose or sharing cars.
Cars using the Getaround CarKit service will also be covered by premium insurance provided by Getaround and Berkshire Hathaway, giving car owners some peace of mind when they hand their cars over to strangers they don’t even know. Car owners can also rate their renters through the service, so you can do your research on a particular person before you rent your car out. If you’re interested in renting out your car or renting a car from Getaround, check out the website for more details.
How many of you would be keen on renting out your car for money?
- 2014-02-25 Venom Is World’s Fastest Production Car
- 2013-08-12 Upside Down Car Unveiled
- 2013-06-26 Wireless Dash Warning Light Warns You Of Slowing Traffic
- 2013-06-06 This 1984 Dodge Colt Has Been Modified To Look Like A Bumper Car
- 2013-03-12 iPad Used To Drive A Car In Russia
- 2011-09-23 Blockbuster to take on Netflix with a streaming service
- 2011-08-11 Redbox checks in with Foursquare
- 2011-04-06 Blockbuster to be acquired by Dish Network
- 2011-03-31 2011 Nissan LEAF arriving in the rest of America
- 2011-03-28 Warner Brothers adds 5 more titles to Facebook movie rental lineup