When attending a rock festival on a hot day in a field, you might be in a pair of sunglasses to keep the sun out of your eyes, and maybe some earplugs to protect your hearing. But the problem with earplugs is that you won’t be able to hear any phone calls that come in, and if you’re jumping around and enjoying the music, you won’t be able to feel your phone vibrate either.
Well, iharmonix has just launched the Qi-wear stereo Bluetooth headset eyewear designed for such situations. Protecting your eyes from the sunlight, the glasses also come attached with ear-tips that have noise reduction capabilities as well, keeping your precious eardrums safe from too loud music.
And if you’re afraid of missing phone calls, the ear-tips double up as a wireless Bluetooth headset that you can pair up with your phone. It also features dual mics for ambient noise cancellation so you can even keep your conversation going in a noisy situation. Best of all, it’s hands-free so you won’t need to fish out your phone if you’re in the middle of a mosh pit.
The Qi-wear features impact and scratch-resistant Uvex Genesis lenses so you know they’re suitable for some rough situations. The headset offers 6 hours of continuous talk, 8 hours of continuous music play and up to 7+ days on standby; it is rechargeable through a micro USB connection. The iharmonix Qi-wear will set you back $299.99 though no release date has been confirmed yet. A bit pricey if you ask me, but you are getting sunglasses and a Bluetooth headset in one accessory after all.
- 2014-02-28: MOGA Teases Upcoming Bluetooth Gamepad
- 2014-02-20: Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2014-01-21: Bluetooth Smart Jewelry Pendant
- 2014-01-02: Cobra AirWave Mini
- 2013-12-25: PKPKT Is A Bluetooth Game That Lets You Pickpocket From Bluetooth Phones
- 2013-11-28: LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- 2012-12-03: NULYX Bluetooth Headset Offers A Different Kind Of High
- 2011-10-18: Jabra STREET2 is one stylish Bluetooth pendant
- 2011-10-14: Motorola announces ELITE SILVER and ELITE FLIP Bluetooth headsets
- 2011-10-13: Nokia Luna Bluetooth headset launched