When Eldar Murtazin speaks (or tweets in this case), more or less everyone stops whatever they’re doing to listen. After all, you can’t really fault him – he is more or less a treasure trove of information, leaks and scoops where the cell phone industry is concerned. One of his latest tweets claimed that “Just one comment. Apple iPhone 3Gs wont be upgradable to iOS 5.x. iPhone 4 will.” This ought to make a fair number of headlines for sure.
No idea on where Eldar got that information from as there was no source quoted, and neither is he going to let on about the iOS 5. Since there is no official word from Apple concerning the situation, this statement does seem to raise more questions than answers. After all, there have been recorded logs from iPhone 3GS handsets that have been testing iOS 5, so does it mean Eldar’s latest tweet signalled the death knell of previous tests?
Not only that, how about the iPhone 4S that is touted to be released sometime in the near future, which means the iPhone 5 is still some way off in the distant future? So many questions that seem to yield no answers – we await with bated breath for further development.
- 2014-02-02: iPhone 3GS Battery Balloons To Verge Of Exploding
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-21: Refurbished iPhone 3GS Units Could Be Offered To AT&T GoPhone Customers
- 2013-06-06: iPhone Trade-In Program At Apple Stores May Begin This Month
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2012-09-13: iPhone 3GS discontinuation has been confirmed
- 2011-11-07: Siri runs on the iPhone 3GS as well
- 2011-10-20: AT&T sees high demand for iPhone 3GS
- 2011-10-06: Verizon starts clearing out the 16GB/32GB iPhone 4