Moodagent is a popular music mobile application that allows users to select and play music according to their mood on various mobile phones. The iPhone application was launched in September 2009 and has been downloaded over one million times. The Android version was released in July 2010, the app is also available for Nokia devices where I counts 4 million users. A Windows desktop version has been recently launched and is available for purchase on the Intel AppUp store.
The updated version, Moodagent 3.0, was released in April 2011, and it now includes localized recommendations.
To complete the mobile offering, Syntonetic, the developer, is releasing Moodagent for BlackBerry.
According to the company, the exclusive feature on the RIM devices is the “Braided Localized Recommendations” : it enhances the recently launched recommendation technology to create braided playlists which combine acoustic, emotional profiling with collaborative filtering and geo-targeting. The playlists displays a mix of the users’ music and online recommendations.
Moodagent 3.0 for BlackBerry Feature Highlights:
- Automatically profiles music based on emotion, mood, genre, sub-genre, style, tempo, beat, vocals, instruments and production features
- Creates mood-based playlists by setting the mood-sliders or choosing a seed track
- Music recommendations: Users can create a playlist with a mix of their own library and generate online recommendations that match the specific mood values of a track they have selected
- Enhanced mood control: Disable specific mood-sliders to exclude in the playlist
- Ability to buy recommended music from the application
- Pre-listen to recommendations (30 seconds samples) before buying
- Save and replay favorite playlists
- Remove songs from a playlist
- Sharing on Facebook and Twitter (mood and music tastes)
- Headset Controls: All native remote control commands work with Moodagent, including pausing the song while answering a phone call
Moodagent 3.0 for BlackBerry smartphones is now available for the BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Storm2 , BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Bold and BlackBerry Tour
Moodagent is available on BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld), normally priced at $5 for the ad free version, BlackBerry App World customers can download the new app free until Friday 10th June. A free ad supported version will also be available from this date.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-07: Pykmax Gives The Humble Guitar Pick An Ergonomic Makeover
- 2014-04-01: Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2
- 2014-03-31: John Frusciante Launches His New Music Album Into Space
- 2014-03-25: Linkin Park Releases Interactive Music Video With Project Spark