Motorola has further expanded their Droid line of smartphones with the Droid X2, where we have already caught sight of its boot sequence video in the past, while someone has actually taken the trouble and pain to benchmark this Tegra-2 powered device. Oh yeah, did we also forget to mention that its press shots have been leaked out? Well, all the mystery surrounding the Droid X2 will soon be expunged as its full list of specifications has been released.
With this shroud of mystery surrounding it removed, we can now rip into the Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid X2 with relish. Just in case you think you’ve seen this under the Daytona and MB870 monikers before, those are code names to throw you off the trail. The Droid X2 will ship with a 4.3″ touchscreen display as well as the aforementioned 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 chipset, sporting qHD resolution and an 8-megapixel camera.
While we would be rooting for Android 2.3 Gingerbread to ship as its operating system right out of the box, there is still the possibility of Android 2.2 Froyo running albeit with an update in tow pretty soon. Connectivity options include EV-DO Rev. A, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, where it will be surrounded by a bunch of sensors such as proximity, light, accelerometer and an e-compass.
Launch of the Motorola Droid X2 is imminent – perhaps as early as next month, so do stay tuned! Image courtesy of Pocketnow.
Next Story: LG Revolution spotted at the FCC again
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2009-10-02: Motorola Droid for Verizon Wireless
- 2009-10-28: Motorola DROID from Verizon Wireless
- 2010-02-19: Motorola DROID going for $49
- 2010-08-09: More details on the Motorola Droid 2
- 2010-08-26: Verizon delivers Flash 10.1 update for Motorola Droid