It’s believed that the hacking group known as LulzSec that took down PBS’ website over the weekend and hacked Sony BMG Japan one week ago is making plans for a new cyber-attack.
Read on for the official word from the hacker’s Twitter.
According to the group’s Twitter:
“We’re working on another Sony operation. We’ve condensed all our excited tweets into this one: this is the beginning of the end for Sony.”
“#Sownage (Sony + Ownage) Phase 1 will begin within the next day. We may have a pre-game show for you folks though. Stay tuned.”
The hacked PSN took nearly a month for Sony to restore; would a new attack breach its walls once again? While the LulzSec did not say that they would attack PSN – knocking it back down again would deliver a blow that would destroy consumer confidence in the company. We hope for Sony’s sake, it’s watching closely and keeping its defenses up. With hacks on Sony coming in from left and right field seemingly every day, Sony really needs to keep its eyes peeled.
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2012-08-15: Anonymous claims PSN breach, 10M accounts allegedly accessed
- 2011-06-02: Hackers claim they compromised over a million SonyPictures.com passwords
- 2011-05-10: PSN might be restored in "a few more days"
- 2011-05-05: PlayStation Network: More Attacks Coming This Week-End (IRC rumors)
- 2011-04-11: PS3 hacker Geohot settles with Sony over jailbreak, but did he just lose?