Plastic surgery is starting to become more and more common these days, along with increasing demand, which is probably one of the reasons why plastic surgeon, Dr. Jonathan Kaplan set about creating the BuildMyBod app.
Consumers want information to make better buying decisions, especially about cosmetic surgery, where prices for the same procedures can vary by as much as 35%. As the dramatic growth in the development of apps for the iPhone shows, people want the convenience of having information they can use to make important decisions on their phones. It seemed logical that being able to research cosmetic surgeons and procedures that way would be of real value to consumers and surgeons.”
The app allows both men and women to build their “perfect” figure virtually, by modifying the different body parts of their virtual counterpart. On top of that, the app will also provide a fee structure, which includes the cost of an anesthesiologist as well. You probably think that the app just links back to Dr. Kaplan’s clinic, but actually it refers potential patients to surgeons all around the country, so if you wanted, you could probably find a surgeon closer to you.
As it stands, the app is only available on iOS devices although an Android version is supposedly in the works. Check out the video below for more information how the app is used.
Next Story: Nokia N5 caught in the wild
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16 Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30 Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More