The iPhone 5 is not finalized just yet – or at least, there were not enough leaks to make sure that the general public knows what’s going on with the handset, but that does not mean there are no rumors circling this handset from Cupertino. Touted to sport an edge to edge display, how did people manage to come about this piece of speculation? Well, it seems that an application in the iTunes App Store known as SpeechTrans Ultimate Powered By Nuance, sporting several screenshots that show off an edge-to-edge display of the iPhone that runs said app to keep in in vein with the rest of similar rumors.
For those who have eagle eyes, you would probably have noticed that the app will sport a certain “Powered By Nuance” label in its title, not to mention Nuance being a name that is commonly touted when it comes to collaborating with Apple on speech recognition. What do you think? Is this rumor legit, or do we have to look elsewhere for more juicy details?
Note: The image above is a Photoshop job (obviously), where it was posted for reference purposes and serves as a form of illustration. It must not be taken as the final product. Thanks for all the comments, readers!
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court