Google, the undisputed king of Internet search at the moment (and for some time to come), has just expanded their arsenal of weapons to annihilate their competitors with the latest Search by Image on desktop. Located right next to the microphone on images.google.com, you will also be able to check out a small camera that will let you access the new Search by Image feature. Clicking the camera will allow you to upload just about any image or you can also opt to plug in an image URL from the web, letting Google do the hard work of finding out exactly what it is. Chrome and Firefox extensions are also being released so that users on that platform will allow you to search just about any image on the web through a simple right-click.
Something tells me that sometime down the road, there will be some sort of Internet phenomenon where you attempt to guess just what Google’s search results will return with a particularly vintage photo of yourself.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-14 Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2011-10-20 Google to roll out SSL search beta in the coming weeks
- 2011-03-30 Google introduces the +1 button
- 2010-03-02 AT&T Ditches Google For Yahoo On Its Motorola Backflip
- 2010-05-05 Google search has a brand new look