Google TV hasn’t exactly been the most popular Google product available, but Google’s recently revealed its future plans for the set top box show that things are about to get better. But we were all left with a vague “late this summer ETA” and no word on whether the existing Google TV products would be upgraded. According to The Droid Guy, who managed to get in touch with Logitech, the Google TV update will be released for the Revue in late August or early September.
The update brings Android 3.x (Honeycomb) to the set top box, and a whole load of new features such as USB support, hardware 3D acceleration (which should mean games on Google TV), and of course the all-important Android Market. Google has also been encouraging developers to start creating apps for Google TV, so the Android Market is expected to have some Google TV apps ready when the update is released. How many of you use a Logitech Revue, and what do you think of it?
Next Story: Vanity Mirror Watch
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-11-10: Logitech says no to Revue 2
- 2011-10-20: Google TV update shown off in screenshots
- 2011-10-12: Google TV update one step closer to being released?
- 2011-10-06: Google TV Honeycomb update postponed
- 2011-09-14: Logitech Revue now available for $90