The team at Google has been hard at work after hours, having hit us with a slew of new updates for Gmail, their social network Google+, and now, an Instagram rival – Pool Party. Pool Party will be a photo sharing application which places an emphasis on creating group albums they call “pools”, showing off new photos in real time. The app, just like Google+, is currently in invite-only beta testing. Heck, Google even managed to purchase the poolpartyapp.com domain, so that means they are dead serious on seeing Pool Party take over the world – if possible.
Someone did take note that Pool Party has already appeared on the Android Market, but no idea on whether it will work since it is in private beta at the moment. Apart from that, it has also made an appearance in the App Store, debunking beliefs that this will be an Android-only app. Smart move to court iOS users, we wonder whether Instagram is quaking in their boots at the moment.
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2013-09-25 Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are
- 2012-09-17 Google acquires Nik Software: Gearing up to compete with Instagram?