Receiving an OTA (Over The Air) update on your smartphone is somewhat akin to getting a handwritten letter from a beloved relative who stays thousands of miles away, and the latest device to receive such a treatment would be the HTC ChaCha, having received its first OTA update after being introduced at MWC 2011 in Barcelona earlier this year. At least, that is what we could gather from the European support website.
The new firmware will touch on application and system enhancements that will be introduced to the system, where the version number has been bumped up to 1.18.401.1. For those who area aleady in possession of a HTC ChaCha, you ought to have received an OTA update already. Before you proceed, however, it would be wiser to back up your data while hooking it up to a Wi-Fi network and download it wirelessly so that you can tear into the installation file in double quick time instead of relying on 3G connectivity that is definitely a whole lot slower than most Wi-Fi networks around.
For those who have already given it a go, how does your HTC ChaCha perform now that the update has been applied?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-07-25: HTC Salsa ditches Facebook button for Weibo in China
- 2011-06-29: AT&T HTC ChaCha spotted in the wild
- 2011-06-23: AT&T HTC Status is the HTC ChaCha actually
- 2011-06-16: HTC ChaCha Facebook handset might end up at AT&T based on FCC filings
- 2011-06-05: HTC ChaCha rumored to get processor upgrade