It’s been a long career for the relatively young 21-year-old George Hotz, a.k.a. GeoHot. After successfully unlocking the original iPhone and going on to release several jailbreaks for future iPhones, then fighting off Sony on his own after breaking down the PlayStation 3‘s security, the famed hacker is now under the same roof that Mark Zuckerberg built.
That’s right, GeoHot is in the Facebook house! Speculated over the weekend, it’s now been officially confirmed. What’s he working on specifically? Word has it that he’s working in the mobile division, possibly on that upcoming iPad Facebook app. If there’s anybody who knows his way around Apple’s hardware, it’s this guy.
Does that mean GeoHot is done with hacking iPhones and game consoles? Well, when you have a full time gig that pays (and we bet pays well), it kind of takes time away from your other hobbies…All we can say is, best of luck GeoHot and we hope to see some really awesome stuff come out of your work at Facebook!RELATED
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Follow: Facebook, geohot, hackers,
- Seen at: washingtonpost