Only a couple of hours ago LulzSec had tweeted that they had managed to bring down UK’s elite police force, Soca but now it has been reported that thanks to a cooperative effort by both the FBI and Scotland Yard, they have arrested a 19-year old man (or boy?) who is believed to be the ringleader of the LulzSec somewhere in Essex.
“The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and distributed denial of service attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.
“Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material.
“These forensic examinations remain ongoing.”
There has been no word from LulzSec or their partner-in-crime, hacktivists Anonymous as to whether or not this arrest is legit or perhaps the 19-year old was simply just another rogue hacker who was participating in LulzSec’s and Anonymous’s “Operation Anti-Security”. We’re guessing that the authorities decided that enough was enough although we have to ask, will LulzSec continue pushing their agenda even if their supposed ringleader was arrested by the authorities, or will they now panic and shut down their operations?
As it stands the 19-year old youth is currently in custody. More on this as it develops.
- 2013-10-27: 12 Year Old Anonymous Hacker Pleads Guilty, Was In It For Video Games
- 2012-09-10: GoDaddy Attacked, Millions Of Sites Down
- 2012-03-06: LulzSec top dog works for FBI now, is a turncoat
- 2011-08-09: AnonPlus gets defaced again, this time by Syrian hackers
- 2011-08-07: #Antisec hackers release 10GB of law enforcement data
- 2011-07-28: LulzSec spokesperson Topiary arrested (Update)
- 2011-07-27: Hacker claims he took down the websites of Anonymous and LulzSec
- 2011-07-19: LulzSec is back and hacks into The Sun's website
- 2011-06-21: Elite UK Police Agency Hit By LulzSec