The Motorola Milestone 3 or better known as the Droid 3 in the US has been leaked a number of times in recent weeks: first in specs and images; and then in a tutorial video. Now it looks like Motorola is ready to officially unveil the phone to the world. But unlike most of its launches that happen on this side of the world, the Motorola Droid 3 will make its debut in the eastern part of the world: China.
The phone will be launched as the Milestone 3 (previous Droids there were called Milestones as well) and it looks like the previously leaked specs were on the dot. The phone will pack a dual-core processor (make and speed unmentioned), Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, 4″ qHD display, 5-row QWERTY keyboard, 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p video-capable, front facing camera, 16GB of internal storage (expandable to 32GB), business and security apps preloaded with the phone, and World Phone calling capabilities in over 200 countries. The phone will be available from authorized Motorola resellers and China Telecom’s stores in Q3 2011.
No word about pricing or when it’ll make its debut in the US, but let’s hope we won’t have to wait too long to find out.
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-12-22: Motorola DROID RAZR fan-made advert is clever
- 2011-12-01: Mystery Chinese tablet spotted running on Android 4.0
- 2011-11-14: Chinese "Love Master" tablet runs on a Tegra 2 processor
- 2011-11-02: Motorola DROID RAZR gets a redesign in China
- 2011-07-01: Motorola MT870 is the world’s first TD-SCDMA dual-core Android phone