If you’re still rocking a Symbian phone and you’re worried about whether Nokia has forgotten about your device – fret not. The company has just announced in its blog today that it will be updating select Nokia phones that are running on Symbian 3.2 and Symbian 5.0. No, you won’t be getting Symbian Anna, but you’ll be receiving some updates to make your phone better.
These updates include the new Nokia browser v7.3 (that is included with Anna) to bring you faster browsing, support for International Domain Names (IDNs) and support for non-ASCII letters such as Arabic or Chinese. Overall, this just means a better web browsing experience for you. Ovi Maps 3 SR4 will be brought to Symbian 3.2 phones while Symbian 5.0 users will get Ovi Maps 3 SR6. Other additions include emoticons when texting.
The updates will be staggered and rolled out according to models, with the Nokia C6-00 and Nokia 5230 to be the first phones to get the update. Make sure you keep the software update autocheck turned on in your phone. Head over to the Nokia blog to find out which selected phones will be getting the updates.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: Nokia, symbian, update,