If you’re off to the seaside for vacation or just a day trip, you might not want to bring your shiny new SLR in case it gets wet, damaged, or covered in sand. But if you really want to take some photographs, and having fun in the water as well, you have the choice of either investing in a pricey waterproof camera – or you can obtain a budget-lover’s delight in the form of this “Underwater Digi Cam” by Photojojo. The camera only costs $35 – which is cheap enough to accidentally misplace without feeling the pinch of losing a $1,000 SLR to the crashing waves.
While the camera does make up in practicality and price, don’t expect to take National Geographic-worthy shots with it. It only packs a 1.3-megapixel sensor, a 1.4″ LCD display, a fixed ƒ3.1 lens, 4x digital zoom and video recording at 30FPS. It also has a 10-second self timer for those group shots and runs on a pair of AAA batteries. Oh yeah, it is waterproof too.
You might not get those award winning photographs you’re so used to taking, but hey – it’s better to have some memories of a fun beach trip than none right? Head over to the Photojojo online store if you’re interested in picking up one of these babies.
Next Story: New Motorola devices leaked in images
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2012-01-29: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX200V Stylish 18.2 MP Glass Design Camera
- 2012-01-09: Olympus Tough TG-320
- 2011-11-21: Photojojo's Lens Dial for the iPhone photography enthusiast
- 2011-07-07: iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"
- 2011-03-24: Fujifilm XP30 available now