The gaming industry can be a lucrative business if you’re positioned correctly – and to say that PopCap Games is one of the trusted names when it comes to casual gaming is correct – so much so that rumors are floating around concerning the company being offered up to $1 billion to be bought up, although we have no idea on the identity of the mystery buyer. Bear in mind that this is a rumor, but do you think that such a valuation is worth every penny? Sure, PopCap Games have come up with plenty of hits in the past and present, among the more notable ones being Plants vs Zombies, Peggle, Zuma and the good ol’ favorite, Bejeweled.
Being an independent gaming company, PopCap Games more or less makes $100-$150 million each year, and has been rather aggressive in recent memory, having rolled out their 4th & Battery experimental studio in April, while Zynga dominated the social gaming sphere after purchasing ZipZapPlay.
Who do you think is the mystery buyer? Surely the name Electronic Arts (EA) comes into mind, but we can’t rule out other companies from overseas as well. Until we hear of something official, you’d best make sure your wall-nut is able to withstand that onslaught of zombies coming your way…
- 2013-12-12 Peggle 2 Will Receive Duels Mode As Free DLC
- 2013-12-10 Peggle 2 Xbox One Launch Trailer Is Filled With Masters, Multiplayer, Trials
- 2013-12-04 Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- 2013-11-27 Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To PS4, Xbox 360 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-03 Plants Vs. Zombies 2 On Android To 'Launch Shortly' Globally
- 2011-12-05 Sony Ericsson to drop "Ericsson" from name mid 2012, will focus on smartphones only
- 2011-09-23 Blockbuster to take on Netflix with a streaming service
- 2011-06-14 Garmin snaps up Navigon, intends to gain edge against smartphones
- 2011-04-06 Blockbuster to be acquired by Dish Network