What do you think is the next level of evolution for a smartphone device? Well, we are looking towards Samsung to lead the way with their subsidiary, Samsung Mobile Display, having come up with a cylindrical AMOLED display that is tipped to enter production from next year onwards. After all, the company intends to commit into this endeavor by ramping up their production line.
It isn’t that Samsung Mobile Display is unable to deliver on such a vision – several conferences and roadshows this year have already seen Samsung come up with a 4.5 inch flexible high resolution AMOLED Display.
Samsung intends to roll out a cylindrical smartphone with an AMOLED display, where their current sample is capable of hitting a WVGA resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, sporting a 2cm diameter on a plastic substrate that will help Samsung arrive at that goal. It would be very interesting to see just how Samsung intends to develop a user interface for something like this.
Next Story: Hoverbike soon to become a reality
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store