Looking to clear the space on your desk with a new computer that doesn’t take up so much space? You could always get an all-in-one computer that takes up the foot print of your monitor. But what if you already have a nice monitor that’s in perfect condition and you don’t want to replace it anytime soon? Well, that’s where the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 comes in. Granted you don’t need those conditions just to make use of a tiny computer, but it would fit the bill if you did.
After the success of its first Mini PC, SAPPHRE Technology has decided to release a sequel to the original Mini PC it released earlier this year. While it doesn’t get any smaller than its predecessor, the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD2 manages to cram more powerful parts into its tiny body. It packs second generation Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz processor, 2GH of DDR3-800MHz RAM, a 320GB SATA HDD, 512MB NVIDIA ION2 graphics, Ethernet support, Built-in WiFi, VGA, HDMI, RJ45, 4x USB 2.0, Audio-in, Line Out ports, and the option of Windows 7 or FREE DOS for the operating system.
No prices or date of availability have been announced at this time, but stay tuned for more details. Find out more at SAPPHIRE’s website.
- 2014-01-05: HP Slate Pro All-in-One with Android and NVidia Tegra 4
- 2014-01-05: HP ProOne 400 AiO Announced
- 2014-01-05: HP 205 AiO Revealed
- 2012-08-28: AllWinner A10 ARM-Powered Mini-PC Arrives
- 2012-07-13: Giada i53 is one power packed mini PC not to be trifled with
- 2012-03-29: A-Tech Fabrication HeatSync 1200 Ultra-Slim mini-PC has an iPhone dock
- 2011-10-28: Giada F100 is a mini PC with a fanless design
- 2011-06-10: Habey offers Post It-sized computer
- 2010-02-22: Habey offers new mini PC