Are you looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS’ upcoming firmware update that’s going to bring to tons of new features, including a web browser, Virtual Console and the eShop? If you’re a Ridge Racer 3D fan, you might not be to happy to hear that the new firmware causes a glitch in the game.
For Nintendo’s official statement on the matter, head on past the break. As anybody who read our Nintendo 3DS Review knows, I’m a huge fan of Ridge Racer, and the 3DS version was pretty solid. A freezing glitch, no matter how small it is needs to be fixed – fast.
Accompanying the system update available on June 6, it has been confirmed that under certain circumstances when making a selection before the race starts in “Grand Prix” in “Single Play” mode of the Ridge Racer 3D game, the screen sometimes freezes. If you do not install the system update at this time, the symptom will not occur.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We will have a system update in mid-June that should take care of this matter.
In Ridge Racer 3D, pressing the B Button to return from Race Selection or Machine Selection may cause the screen to freeze. If the screen does freeze, please press and hold the Power button and turn the system off then retry. There should be no impact to the save data.
Nintendo says that a fix is in the works but won’t be available until the middle of this month. Ouch! Make it snappy Ninty! Please!
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2011-05-11: 3DS firmware update details leaked
- 2011-03-02: First Nintendo 3DS firmware update includes a 3D music video