Users looking forward to a new 3DS update arriving this month can look forward to a bunch of exciting new features that will be added to the firmware. A Japanese magazine Famitsu recently published an article that leaked details of the upcoming May update. While there are a whole bunch of goodies such as the Nintendo eShop and a whole line up of retro Game Boy games. But the web browser that was promised at launch, and then pushed back to May is missing from the update (unless Famitsu got their information wrong) so we won’t be seeing the browser so soon. Maybe Nintendo will be releasing it as a standalone download later this month? Keep your fingers crossed.
Here is what we can expect from the May firmware update:
- Nintendo eShop
- 3DS Ware – Rockman Dash 3 Prologue (200 yen), Petitcom (800 yen)
- DSi Ware – import DSi Ware from DSi to 3DS
- 3D Classic – classic titles in 3D, Excitebike, Legend of Zelda and Xevious will be available
- Virtual Console GameBoy – Ikari no Yousai, Phantasm
- Virtual Console Game Gear – Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, Dragon Crystal, Columns
- Virtual Console GameBoy Color – Super Mario Land, The Legend of Zelda DX (Demo)
- Virtual Console PC Engine – games TBA
- Demos – 3D Video Player, 3D Game Trailer/Previews Channel, Fuji TV and Nippon TV Previews
No word on exactly when the update will drop but keep your eyes peeled.