We do know that Sony has a couple of tablet devices which are being prepared to rock our world – namely the S1 and S2. Well, it is nice of Sony to work closely with Adobe, as the former launched the ‘Adobe AIR App Challenge Sponsored by Sony’ that intends to see a breakthrough when it comes to innovative Android applications for either tablet. To put it in a nutshell, there is $200,000 worth of cash prizes to be picked up by developers as long as they manage to take full advantage of Adobe Flash technology and HTML5 in an app on the S1/S2.
Hideyuki Furumi, Deputy President VAIO & Mobile Business Group, Consumer Products & Services Group at Sony Corporation, says, “Adobe’s creative tooling brings digital experiences to life on small screens and large, unleashing the imagination of millions of the industry’s best designers and developers on a new breed of devices. We are thrilled to empower these cutting edge creatives to be the first to bring innovative content and apps to our “Sony Tablet” devices later this year.”
We are stoked to see what this initiative will bring about to the table. Now, if only the tablets could be hurried up and delivered to our doorsteps. [Press Release]
Next Story: PS3 feature being removed on the sly by Sony?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2011-11-21: Adobe Flash for Ice Cream Sandwich to be the final version for mobile
- 2010-03-25: CBS Preparing HTML5 Video Playback For iPad
- 2010-03-30: Could Google Bundle Flash With Its Chrome Browser?
- 2010-05-05: Android Multi-touch Tablet Supports Flash
- 2010-11-09: Adobe confirms Google's Gingerbread launch