The ASUS NX90 laptop isn’t exactly new. In fact it was released some time last year, but for a laptop that was designed by Bang & Olufsen’s David Lewis, it still remains very stylish, not to mention laptop manufacturers will find it hard to introduce a set of speakers in their laptops after the NX90 has set the bar pretty high with Bang & Olufsen technology. However the focus today will not be on the speakers used, but rather the fact that the laptop has been decked out in Swarovski crystals – 40,000 of them to be exact.
The company behind this masterpiece is rather aptly named Crystallize Your Design, and they are a design firm. While putting Swarovski crystals on a laptop is no big deal, the real masterpiece is the fact that it not only took 40,000 Swarovski crystals, but also the details and colors that they paid close attention to in order to recreate the famous Michelangelo painting, “The Hand of God”. The designers had to make sure that the color of the crystals were as close as possible to the original painting in order to ensure a faithful reproduction.
No word on pricing, although we’re not sure if they have plans to sell it. We’re guessing if you asked, the asking sum would be a pretty ridiculous figure. After all, 40,000 Swarovski crystals probably do not come cheap.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-11-06: ASUS unveils MX279H and MX239H monitors with embedded Bang & Olufsen speakers
- 2011-09-09: ASUS announces N55SF and N75SF laptops
- 2010-01-08: Asus NX90 Bang & Olufsen ICEpower notebook
- 2010-02-25: Asus unveils NVIDIA Optimus-powered notebooks