If you’re a fan of watches that make people ask you “is that a watch?” you’re going to love this concept watch designed by Samuel Jerichow. Called The Dot watch, it features a mysterious design that looks like a bunch of dots on a wrist strap, The Dot watch is unlike any watch I’ve seen before. It features a dot in the center of the strap (where the watch face is) which the most important element of the watch.
In order to tell the time, users will have to press this center button. When they do, two other dots will appear, telling the user where the minute and hour hands are, relative to the center dot. Since you have no guide or any numbers to tell you where the dots are exactly, it’s going to take some guesswork at the beginning, but after a while, users should have no problem reading the time on the Dot Watch. Not very practical, but isn’t that the case with most fancy looking gadgets? They’re more for turning heads than for you to use. Anyone interested in a watch like this one?
- 2014-04-08: Bradley Timepiece Specially Designed For The Blind
- 2014-03-30: Victorinox Announces New Inox Watch
- 2014-03-10: HeadWatch Tells The Time, And Then Some
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-02-18: Classic Arcade Wristwatch Looks Cool
- 2012-03-29: Watch the Future concept
- 2012-02-02: Windows 8 watch concept looks stunning
- 2011-03-17: Zoomin Watch magnifies the time
- 2010-09-28: Concept: Watch oNe Sports Multiple Faces
- 2010-10-28: Concept: Jo Ge Watch Tells The Time With Three Bars