We know that the Android operating system has been used in many different ways and can be programmed to run all sorts of electronics, and now the folks over at Sanyo Homes in Japan have managed to put it inside a robot. Called the MIRAI SANZO, this cute little robot meant for “families of the future” in Japan.
The Robot is shaped like a ball and will basically function as a remote control for smart homes of the future. Computers, phones, air conditioning, the alarm, floor heating etc – everything will can be controlled using the MIRAI SANZO. It features a touchscreen for operation, though it will also support voice recognition for hands-free commands. It can even glow in seven different colors to express its emotion, though it wasn’t mentioned if we’ll have to play with the robot to keep it appeased.
The MIRAI SANZO will go on sale in Japan tomorrow.RELATED
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Macy Gets Robot To Launch Thanksgiving Day Parade
- U-CAT “Turtle” Robot Aids In Shipwreck Exploration
- Follow: Android, japan, sanyo,
- Seen at: techcrunch