Summer’s already here and there’s still no sign of HP’s long-awaited new webOS 3 phone: the Pre 3. There have been rumors about the phone missing its launch window, but HP’s recently issued document to its developers drop clues that the phone might reach us on time after all.
In addition to details about the HP webOS App Catalog opening in new countries and some rules about app payments, the company also mentioned that they’ve updated the webOS emulator to support the Pre 3, with new documentation that will be arriving detailing the phone as well. They also mention that developers can already start submitting apps to be placed in the Pre 3 catalog.
HP also mentioned that at the moment they are testing existing smartphone apps for Pre 3 compatibility – which should mean that the phone is completed. After all, why bother testing apps on a phone that’s not primed and ready to be shipped out right? Then again, this could all just be wishful thinking, but here’s to hoping so. How many of you are waiting for the HP Pre 3 to arrive?RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Analyst Thinks Cost Is Why BlackBerry Can't Shut Down Its Ailing Hardware Division
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Follow: apps, developer, HP, pre 3, webos,
- Seen at: engadget