The PlayStation 3 isn’t even near its projected 10 year lifecycle yet, although time has surely flown by since the PS3 debuted a few years back, with the advertising tagline that it was the cheapest Blu-ray player in the market at that time. Well, the PS3 has yet to be maximized by developers although they are getting there, which means Sony would do well to be working on a PS4, no? Trust someone to dream up of the PS4 design which you can see above.
Continuing where the slim PS3 left off, this PS4 concept is said to comprise of 60% recyclable materials, magnesium alloy and carbon, using up zero watts of juice while on standby. Before you wonder whether that is possible, it seems that this is done thanks to a switch that will turn the power off from the outlet every half hour, drawing juice from its rechargeable battery for about five minutes to keep it going.
No matter how futuristic the PS4 is, it seems that the future will still see physical media, but this time around you get a 3D Blu-ray optical drive coupled with a ridiculously generous 1.5TB hard drive. Now how about furnishing us with a conceptual price, hmmm?
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10: PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2009-09-18: PlayStation 4 concept (Tai Chiem)