Heard of the TabCo name before? Many people speculate that this is a viral marketing stunt from ailing Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia, and they might be right. While the “WeAreMaemo” account has been deleted from Twitter, a different account name that does bear plenty of similarities has appeared – being referred to as “WeAreTabCo” now.
A conversation over on Twitter by WeAreTabCo has fueled further speculation that a new tablet launch that is happening next month might actually belong to Nokia, but until something far more concrete arises, we will just have to adopt a wait and see attitude. After all, patience is a virtue, and it never killed anyone in the past to see a phone or tablet released later than originally expected. What do you think – is TabCo part of a marketing stunt that Nokia has pulled in order to draw attention to themselves in their effort to turn the tide?
We just hope whatever tablet that comes out after that will be decent enough to provide competition to the rest of the market.RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 8-Inch Nokia Lumia 2020 Launching In Early 2014 [Rumor]
- Nintendo Rumored To Develop Educational Android Tablet
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Follow: Nokia, tabco, Tablet,
- Seen at: mynokiablog