Heard of the TabCo name before? Many people speculate that this is a viral marketing stunt from ailing Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia, and they might be right. While the “WeAreMaemo” account has been deleted from Twitter, a different account name that does bear plenty of similarities has appeared – being referred to as “WeAreTabCo” now.
A conversation over on Twitter by WeAreTabCo has fueled further speculation that a new tablet launch that is happening next month might actually belong to Nokia, but until something far more concrete arises, we will just have to adopt a wait and see attitude. After all, patience is a virtue, and it never killed anyone in the past to see a phone or tablet released later than originally expected. What do you think – is TabCo part of a marketing stunt that Nokia has pulled in order to draw attention to themselves in their effort to turn the tide?
We just hope whatever tablet that comes out after that will be decent enough to provide competition to the rest of the market.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-04-05: Nokia Windows 8 Tablet Could Be Real
- 2013-02-15: Analyst: Nokia Tablet Won't Debut At MWC 2013
- 2013-02-12: Nokia 7-Inch Tablet Image Possibly Leaked At Pakistan Event
- 2013-02-04: Nokia Tablet Hinted By Stephen Elop
- 2011-07-07: Is TabCo a viral marketing stunt by Nokia?