Heard of the TabCo name before? Many people speculate that this is a viral marketing stunt from ailing Finnish mobile phone manufacturer Nokia, and they might be right. While the “WeAreMaemo” account has been deleted from Twitter, a different account name that does bear plenty of similarities has appeared – being referred to as “WeAreTabCo” now.
A conversation over on Twitter by WeAreTabCo has fueled further speculation that a new tablet launch that is happening next month might actually belong to Nokia, but until something far more concrete arises, we will just have to adopt a wait and see attitude. After all, patience is a virtue, and it never killed anyone in the past to see a phone or tablet released later than originally expected. What do you think – is TabCo part of a marketing stunt that Nokia has pulled in order to draw attention to themselves in their effort to turn the tide?
We just hope whatever tablet that comes out after that will be decent enough to provide competition to the rest of the market.
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued