Need a portable recorder but find that the microphone on your smartphone or PMP isn’t doing a very good job? Well the folks over at Zoom have launched a new portable voice recorder that is designed to capture high quality audio straight from the source itself. Called the Zoom H2n Handy Recorder, what separates this portable recorder from the competition is the presence of five studio-quality microphones onboard. Overkill? Possibly.
Well, the H2n has four different recording modes to take advanrage of the 5 mics. There’s mid-side stereo, 90-degrees X/Y stereo, 2-channel, and 4-channel surround sound. The Zoom H2n also packs a 1.8″ LCD display for monitoring your recordings, as well as a built-in reference speaker for the playing back of recordings on the spot.
The H2n can record over 20 hours of audio on just 2 standard AA alkaline batteries, and has a data recovery function as well as a USB 2.0 interface. Plugging it into your computer also makes it work like a regular USB microphone. The Zoom H2n will be available in September 2011 for $199. Find out more.
- 2013-06-14 iOS 7 Will Allow For Zooming In While Recording Video
- 2012-03-01 Mogees microphone lets you make music anytime, anywhere
- 2011-12-14 MXL Tempo USB microphone is iPad compatible
- 2011-11-03 Zoom H2n Handy Recorder is now available
- 2011-04-17 Zoom R8 portable music production solution
- 2011-03-17 Zoomin Watch magnifies the time
- 2010-10-04 Zoom Q3HD does not only do voice, it does video as well